Blog #9: Argument & Counterargument


The following is my research question for my paper. Crop circles have been around for a while and have evolved throughout the years. How have crop circles evolved, and how do humans interpret crop circles with the perception that aliens are the potential creators? As I researched the topic of crop circles, the majority of information I encountered were sources that show how humans are creators behind the formations. But when I talked to Professor Goeller, I was introduced to the author Jerry Kroth, a researcher who investigates unexplained crop circles and relates them to extraterrestrials. I was very interested in the topic of aliens and connecting them to crop circles and decided to discuss that. 


                My argument is that unexplained crop circles have the potential to be created by aliens and that these formations have deep messages that are encoded with them. I believe that these crop circles are a way of communication between aliens and humans to express potential harm that may be coming to Earth and for the individuals on it. My counterargument comes from an article from Pendergrass in which there is a witness that states that crop circles are just a human's work and show no messages in them. It also discusses why aliens would go through the struggle to create crop circles for messages when it takes so many people to try to interpret them. This woman claims that crop circles just exist to exist and that there is nothing to them which is incorrect because, through Kroth’s book, messages can be unveiled which portray potential harm to society, and witnesses from Marcia Ghidina’s article, describe feeling different when being near unexplained crop circles giving them a different feeling.


Pendergrass, McKenzie. “Crop Circles Explained.” Artifacts Journal // University of Missouri, artifactsjournal.missouri.edu/2015/08/crop-circles-explained/.


Comments

Popular Posts